Sunday, July 31, 2011

Turkey Burgers with Mango Mayo

I really like cheeseburgers. Like, I REALLY like them. Sometimes I wake up in the middle of the night and have intense cravings for something incredibly bad for me.

Let me tell you about these burgers. They're made out of ground turkey, topped with thinly sliced red onion and creamy avocado and a tangy mango mayonnaise. Oh, and also bacon. We can never forget about bacon.


Turkey Burgers with Mango Mayo
For the burgers: 
1 lb of ground turkey
1 tsp of salt
1 tsp of pepper
1 clove of garlic, minced

For the mayo:
1/2 of a ripe mango, peeled, diced, and then mashed to smithereens
1 cup of mayonnaise
1 clove of garlic, minced
1 tsp of salt
1/2 tsp of pepper
1 tsp of chopped fresh or dried parsley

Toppings: 
1 sliced avocado
Cheese!
1/2 of an onion, thinly sliced
Lettuce leaves
Bacon, cooked and crispy

To make the burgers, combine the ground turkey, salt, pepper and garlic. Divide the mixture into four even parts, forming each part into a patty shape. To cook, either grill, or broil, or cook in a grill pan over medium heat. 

Meanwhile, prepare your toppings. If using bacon, preheat the oven to 400' and line a baking sheet with tin foil. Line the bacon on the tin foiled pan and bake until crispy, 15-20 minutes, flipping occasionally. 



I like carrot sticks with my burgers. Don't judge me. 


Look at this avocado! It's a perfect circle. 

Also, make your mayonnaise. Mix together all of the ingredients until the consistency is chunky, but not like salsa. 


Make your burger! I start by slathering a really delicious bakery bun with mango mayo on both sides. Then I add a cheese-covered burger to one side, onions, bacon and avocado to another. I sandwich the sides between a big piece of lettuce and devour it all in three bites. Not really. 



It's also really important that you have more bun than burger, in my opinion. I just love carbs. So much. Happy eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment