Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Bacon Wrapped Egg Sandwiches

I have a subscription to Rachael Ray Magazine and I'm not even embarrassed. In fact, my grandma subscribes me to it. I get really excited when I see a new magazine in my mailbox, and immediately flip through it to see what ingredients I have on hand to make whatever delicious things RR has planned out for me. Yes, that's right, she writes her recipes in accordance with what I have in my pantry. Just kidding, but wouldn't that be great? I found this recipe tucked into a little corner of her June/July issue, and I knew I had to have it.

Bacon Wrapped Egg Sandwiches
4 slices of white bread (or any bread of your choice)
2 slices of bacon
4 eggs, beaten with 1 tsp of water
1 tbsp of butter

In a large frying pan over medium heat, melt the butter. When it's melted, pour in the eggs and scramble. Transfer the eggs to a bowl, but save the skillet with the grease in it. 

On a working surface, lay out the four slices of bread. Top two slices with the scrambled eggs and then with the other slice of bread. Wrap the bacon around the center of the sandwich, overlapping if necessary. 

Reheat the frying pan over medium heat. Place the sandwiches in the pan seam side down, and fry until the bacon is crispy and the sandwiches are toasted and golden brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment