Monday, February 7, 2011

Lasagna

Let's talk about lasagna and the fact that it looks like chopped up body parts all smashed together in a pan. I wouldn't eat lasagna for a really long time after I had my aunt's and then got the flu or something directly afterwards. Isn't it weird how you can be completely repulsed by a food just because you were sick after eating it? I can't eat Caesar salad's, either. Anyways. Lasagna.


Cream Cheese Lasagna
1 box of no-boil lasagna noodles
1 jar of your favorite pasta sauce (my new favorite is Giada De Laurentiis' line at Target)
1/2 cup of grated parmesan cheese
1 egg
1 16 oz container of cream cheese, at room temperature
1/2 tsp of pepper
1 tsp of salt
2 tbsp of chopped basil (I used dried)
1/2 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese

Preheat your oven to 350'.

In a bowl, beat the egg. Add in the basil, salt, pepper and cream cheese. Mix really well, until all of the ingredients are combined.

In the bottom of a 9x13 or some other sized pan, pour 1/3 of the pasta sauce. Top the sauce with a layer of the dried lasagna noodles, followed by 1/3 of the cream cheese mixture, smoothed on top. Top the cream cheese layer with half of the parmesan cheese. Repeat this step until all of the lasagna noodles are used up, about 2 more times. Just  make sure that you end with sauce. Top the sauce with the mozzarella cheese.

Bake the lasagna for 40 minutes, or until the cheese has browned and the noodles have softened. Wait around ten minutes before serving so that the lasagna can set and you don't get a soupy mess.


To be quite honest, I've never made lasagna with cream cheese before. I only did this because when I opened the ricotta cheese, it was a hot mess. Voila! New recipes! They're delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment