Thursday, February 10, 2011

Deviled Eggs

I love deviled eggs. In my family at Easter, everyone gets a hard-boiled dyed egg with their name on it. When it's egg cracking time, you turn to the person next to you and bang your egg against theirs. The person whose egg didn't crack moves on to the next person in the line. This continues until only one person remains with an uncracked egg. Whoever that person was, won all of the eggs. Nobody ever wanted to be that person, considering there's usually tons of hard-boiled eggs to take home. Except me. I wanted to be the winner so that my mom could make hard-boiled eggs and I could eat them all.




Deviled Eggs
6 eggs, hard-boiled and peeled
1/4 cup of mayonnaise plus 2 tbsp of Miracle Whip
1/2 tsp of mustard
1/4 tsp of salt
1/8 tsp of pepper
Paprika
Dried chives

Cut the eggs in half long wise. Remove the yolks to a medium sized bowl.

Mash the egg yolks with a fork, then stir in the mayonnaise and Miracle Whip, along with the mustard, salt and pepper.

Spoon the egg yolk mixture into the egg white half, careful to divide evenly. I put my egg yolk mixture into a plastic bag, cut off the tip and "piped" it into my egg whites. It's less messy and more pretty.

Top the deviled eggs with paprika and chives if you want, I like lot's of paprika on mine. Yum.

No comments:

Post a Comment