Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Teryaki Ginger Chicken

Charlie and I don't like thick chicken breasts. This is a great thing for us because we can slice a chicken breast in half and then have two thin breasts instead of one thick one. It's cost effective. We're smart.


Teryaki Ginger Chicken
2 chicken breasts (or 1, if you're like me)
1/2 cup of teryaki sauce
2 tbsp of brown sugar
2 tbsp of ground ginger
1 tsp of garlic
1/4 cup of sliced scallions

In a large, resealable bag, combine all of the ingredients. Place the bag on a plate and put it in the refrigerator while you heat the grill (or in my case, a griddle pan).

Grease the grill. I use cooking spray. Oil works, too. I wouldn't use butter.

When the grill is hot, using tongs, remove each chicken breast from the bag, shake off the excess marinade and place on the grill. Cook each chicken breast until the juices run clear and the middle of the chicken is no longer pink.

While the chicken is cooking, dump the extra marinade into a small saucepan, and heat over medium heat until the mixture boils. When it boils, lower the heat to medium low and cover. Allow the marinade to thicken, around 10 minutes.

Remove the chicken from the grill and serve with the "sauce" on the side. Or pour it on top like I did.



I served mine with white rice and roasted carrots and onions. It was delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment