Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Coffee Cake Muffins

I love muffins. I also love coffee cake. I smashed the two together and this is what I came up with.


Muffins
Adapted from Global Gourmet
2 cups of flour
1 tsp of salt
2 tbsp of sugar
3 tsp of baking powder
2 tbsp of melted butter
1 egg
1 cup of milk

Streusel Topping
1/2 cup of brown sugar
1/4 cup of oats
1 tbsp of sugar
3 tbsp of butter, cubed

Preheat the oven to 400'. Fill a cupcake tin with ten liners.

In a large bowl, sift together the flour, salt, sugar and baking powder.

In a large measuring cup, whisk together the butter, egg and milk.

Make a well in the middle of the dry ingredients and slowly add in the wet ingredients. Mix until the mixture is just combined. Don't over mix or the muffins will be gross. I'm warning you.

Fill the cupcake liners 2/3 of the way full with the muffin batter.

In a medium bowl, combine the streusel topping ingredients. I used my hands and mixed until the butter was the size of peas. Top each muffin with enough streusel topping to cover the top of the batter.

Bake for 20 minutes, or until the topping is browned and a toothpick inserted into the center of each muffin comes out clean.


Coffee cake muffin = success.

No comments:

Post a Comment