Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Leftover Sandwiches

I'm going out of town for Thanksgiving break for a total of five days. It is my goal today to use up as much crap in the fridge as I can so that I don't come home to spoiled food.


Egg, Bacon & Hash brown Breakfast Sandwiches
1 cup of leftover hash browns (I make mine with shredded potatoes, salt, pepper, and Italian dressing)
6 pieces of bacon, uncooked
2 ciabatta rolls
2 slices of American cheese
2 eggs
1 tbsp butter

Cook the bacon in a skillet over medium heat. You can use my other method of oven-baking it, but I wasn't in the mood to deal with lining a cookie sheet.

While the bacon is cooking, cut in half the ciabatta rolls and toast in the toaster. While the ciabatta rolls are toasting, cook the eggs in the 1 tbs of butter. You can really cook the eggs however you like, but I fried mine, mashing out all the runny gross stuff. Usually I scramble them. While the eggs are cooking, re-heat the hash browns in the microwave. Come on now, you can multi task.

By this time, the bacon should be done cooking. Drain on paper towels.

When the ciabatta rolls are done toasting, top one side of each roll with an egg, then the cheese, then the hash browns and bacon, and finally the other side of the roll.

Some people are picky about hash browns on sandwiches, but I love it. Actually, I just love hash browns.

1 comment: